Rolo cookie cups are crisp on the edges, gooey in the center and a perfectly bite-sized treat!
These easy cookies cups only require 3 ingredients and little to no time to make! Homemade or store-bought cookie dough will both work for this recipe but I love a shortcut- so store-bought it is!!!
Ingredients you’ll need for rolo cookie cups:
- Non-stick cooking spray: to prevent sticking in the muffin tin.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough: I use Nestle Toll House but feel free to make your own cookie dough as well!
- Rolos: You’ll need 24 unwrapped candies.
What are rolos?
Rolos are small chocolate-covered caramel candies. If you can’t find rolos near you, here are some other candy options!
- Mini peanut butter cups
- Dove chocolates
- Ghirardelli mini chocolates
How to make mini rolo cookie cups:
- Prepare your baking pan: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the cookie dough: Place one piece of cookie dough (or 1 tbsp) into each muffin tin cavity. Bake until golden brown.
- Press in the rolos: While the cookie cups are baking, unwrap the rolos. Press a rolo into the center of each cookie as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Cooling: Let the cookie cups cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and enjoying!
My top tips for the best rolo stuffed cookie cups:
- Be sure to grease your mini muffin tin to prevent the cookie cups from sticking. Non-stick spray or softened butter will both work but the spray is faster!
- If you’re using store-bought cookie dough, use a package that makes 24 cookies, this way you can just cut along the lines and add a piece of dough each cavity in the pan.
- Unwrap the rolos while the cookies are baking so that you’re ready to press them into the cookie cups right when they come out of the oven and are still warm!
- Let the cookie cups cool in the pan. This will make them easier to remove and less likely to crumble in your hands!
This recipe will only work with a mini muffin tin. That’s what makes these cookie cups bite-sized!
If you’re using a cookie dough log or homemade cookie dough, you’ll place 1 tbsp of dough into each cavity.
Once the cookie cups are cooled, transfer them to an airtight container and leave at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Rolo Cookie Cups
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 package 24 count chocolate chip cookie dough I use Nestle Toll House
- 24 rolo candies unwrapped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one piece of cookie dough (or 1 tbsp if using homemade dough) into each muffin tin cavity. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- While the cookie cups are baking, unwrap the rolos. Press a rolo into the center of each cookie as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Let the cookie cups cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and enjoying!