If your favorite part of making brownies is licking the spatula, you have to try this brownie batter dip! It’s easy to make and full of chocolate flavor!
Why you’ll love this quick and easy brownie batter dip:
Ready in 10 minutes, this dip is the perfect thing to make for a holiday gathering, birthday party, or any time you need a last-minute treat! It’s no bake, comes together in one bowl and pairs with a variety of dippers!
What to serve alongside this creamy brownie batter dip:
- Graham crackers- Cinnamon sugar graham crackers are my favorite!
- Pretzels- A great choice for a sweet and salty combo!
- Cookies- Nilla wafers, Oreos and animal crackers pair perfectly!
- Fresh fruit- Strawberries, apples slices, pineapple or banana are great options!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Softened cream cheese
- Thawed whipped topping
- Brownie mix- I like using fudge brownie mix but any will work!
- Mini chocolate chips- for texture and extra chocolate flavor!
How to make the best brownie batter dip:
My top tips:
- Be sure your cream cheese is softened, and your whipped topping is thawed. This will make it much easier to incorporate the two together and reduces lumps in the finished dip!
- Microwaving the raw brownie mix before adding it to the dip is important because the mix contains raw flour, which may contain foodborne pathogens. To kill off any unwanted and harmful bacteria, microwave the brownie mix on high for 90 seconds (stirring every 30 seconds) or pouring the brownie mix on a baking sheet and baking for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Once the brownie mix has been heat treated, it’s ready to be added to the dip!
- I recommend using a brownie mix that doesn’t have chocolate chips since you’ll be adding your own. The mini chocolate chips in this recipe are just smaller and more pleasant to bite into compared to regular sized chips.
- This dip is best served cold from so feel free to make it in advance! It’ll keep covered in the fridge for up to 7 days!
Brownie Batter Dip
- electric mixer
- 1 (18 oz) box brownie mix
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Heat treat the brownie mix. Add your brownie mix to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened cream cheese, thawed whipped topping and milk until smooth.
- Fold in the brownie mix to form a dip consistency, then sprinkle in mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a smaller serving bowl and top with more chocolate chips. Serve right away for refrigerate until ready to serve!