These peanut butter cornflake slices are quick, easy and completely no bake! They have a crunchy interior and delicious chocolate topping. Perfect for the peanut butter lover in your life!
What you’ll love about peanut butter cornflake slices:
This no bake treat is a mix of crunchy, chewy and delicious all at once! The peanut butter layer is loaded with smooth peanut butter and crunchy cornflakes throughout to result in the ultimate chewy texture! Not to mention, they’re no bake, only require a handful of ingredients AND barely any equipment!
Ingredients you’ll need for easy chocolate peanut butter slices:
- Salted butter: You can use unsalted too but if you do- add a pinch of salt with it!
- Creamy peanut butter: You can substitute for other nut butters.
- Light corn syrup: for sweetness and chewy texture.
- Sugar: granulated or brown both work!
- Vanilla extract: for flavor.
- Cornflakes: The best cereal for that crispy effect!
- Chopped peanuts: for adding inside the bars and topping
Other optional toppings:
- Mini M&Ms
- Peanut butter chips
- Chopped pretzels
How to make no bake peanut butter cornflake slices:
- Make the peanut butter mixture: In a medium saucepan, add butter, peanut butter, light corn syrup, sugar and vanilla. Stir until fully melted.
- Combine: Add the peanut butter mixture to a bowl with the cornflakes and some of the chopped peanuts. Mix to combine.
- Form the bars: Press the cornflake mixture into a greased or lined 8×8 baking pan. Be sure to firmly pack it down.
- Add the chocolate topping: Melt the chocolate with a little peanut butter in the microwave. Pour on top of the cornflake mixture and spread into an even layer. Top with the remaining chopped peanuts.
- Chill and slice: Transfer the pan to the fridge for 1 hour to let everything set. Once chilled, slice into 16 squares.
My top tips for the best peanut butter cornflake slices:
- When melting the peanut butter mixture in your saucepan, don’t bring it to a boil. You simply just want to melt the ingredients down until you reach a smooth consistency, then remove from the heat.
- Firmly press the cornflake mixture into your pan. This is what will make it hold together as it cools. You’ll feel like you’re crushing all the cornflakes but that just means you’re doing it right!
- Microwave the chocolate in intervals. Chocolate burns and seizes up easily in the microwave, so I recommend microwaving it in 30 second intervals and stirring in between until fully melted to avoid burning.
- Let the bars chill in the fridge. This is imperative for slicing the bars into clean squares. The chocolate topping will harden, and the cornflake layer will cool and hold together once chilled.
- Line your pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Leave a little overhang on two sides parallel to each other so that you can pull up on them and remove the chilled bars from the pan very easily.
Sure! Almond butter is a great alternative to peanut butter for those with allergies.
Yes! These will take about 30 minutes to chill in the freezer. You’re looking for the chocolate layer on top to be firm.
Sure! You’ll get bars that are slightly thicker if you use an 8×8 pan but their one will work great.
You can transfer the leftover bars to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Peanut Butter Cornflake Slices
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 8×8 pan (9×9 pan will work too)
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter other nut butters can be substituted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
For the chocolate layer:
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts for topping
- In a medium saucepan, add butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, light corn syrup and vanilla extract. Stir until fully melted.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to a large bowl with the cornflakes and chopped peanuts. Mix to combine.
- Press the cornflake mixture into a greased or lined 8×8 baking pan. Be sure to firmly pack it down.
- Melt the chocolate with peanut butter in the microwave. Pour on top of the cornflake mixture and spread into an even layer. Top with chopped peanuts.
- Transfer the pan to the fridge for 1 hour to let everything set. Once chilled, slice into 16 squares.