These halloween bat cookies are a festive, no bake treat that can be made in just a few minutes! They’re loaded with chocolate flavor and the little eyes really make them come to life! I love how this recipe transforms a pretty creepy animal into something very cute (and delicious too). They’re exactly what you need for your halloween parties this season!Jump to Recipe
Why I love this fun halloween recipe so much:
If you’ve been following along with me for a while, you know I like things that are low effort, high reward. With no special equipment, no oven time and only a handful of ingredients, I’m not sure how halloween treats get much better than these! They’re so much fun to make, the entire family can be involved!
Ingredients you’ll need for spooky bat cookies:
- Mini Reese’s cups
- Oreo cookies
- Melted chocolate or store-bought black icing pen
- Candy eyes
How to make these halloween themed cookies:
- Remove the Reese’s cups from their wrappers.
- If using chocolate, melt in the microwave.
- Separate the Oreo tops from the bottoms.
- Keep the chocolate cookies and discard the frosting layer.
- Break each chocolate cookie in half.
- Secure the wings to the Reece’s cup with melted chocolate. Do the same for the candy eyes.
- Repeat until all the bats are assembled.
- Place them in the fridge to set and enjoy!
The chocolate really just acts as the “glue” for the wings and eyes, so use whatever chocolate you like! You don’t need much. For even more ease, you can use a store-bought icing pen instead of chocolate too.
Sure! I would just recommend placing the eyes below the wings rather than on top since there is more surface area to cover a larger Reese’s cup!
You can easily substitute a whole Oreo or chocolate wafer cookies for Reese’s cups. Sticking with chocolate flavors helps keep the look of a bat since the colors are dark, but if you don’t care about that, you really could substitute any round cookies for the Reece’s cups. Just have fun with it! These bat cookies are very adaptable, making it the perfect recipe for the halloween season.
Halloween Bat Cookies
- 1 sheet tray
- 1 knife
- 1 spoon
- 12 mini Reese's cups
- 6 Oreo's
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate you can use a store-bought black icing pen too
- 24 candy eyes
- Unwrap the mini Reese's cups and set them on a parchment lined baking tray.
- If using chocolate, add it to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds (or until melted).
- Working one by one, separate the Oreo tops from the bottoms by running a knife in-between the two.
- Keep the chocolate cookies and discard the frosting layer (or eat)!
- Break each chocolate cookie in half. Repeat until you have enough "wings" for the bats.
- Add a small amount of the melted chocolate (or little bit of icing) on top of each Reeces cup and secure the cookie halves (aka bat wings).
- Do the same thing on top of the wings to secure the candy eyes. Repeat until all the bats are assembled.
- Transfer the baking sheet with the bats to the fridge so the chocolate can set.
- After chilling for roughly 10 minutes, you can transfer them to store in an airtight container or enjoy right away.