These baked ham and egg cups are an easy grab and go option for anyone who finds themselves never having enough time for breakfast! They are a great low carb breakfast that’s high in protein and always a family favorite. Make a big batch early in the week and heat them up as needed for those busy weekday mornings!
Why should I make baked ham and egg cups?
These baked ham and egg cups have so many upsides! They are a heathy breakfast option, easy to make in advance, already in individual servings and is a great way to use up any leftover ham you may have laying around!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Ham: Make sure they are thick slices. I like using tavern ham but honey ham would be delicious too.
- Eggs: You can use the whole egg or just the egg whites if that’s your thing!
- Shredded cheese: I like sharp cheddar but feel free to try whatever your favorite is.
- fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
How to make baked ham and egg muffin cups:
- Season the eggs and add the spinach and cheese (if using).
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and place a slice of ham in each cavity.
- Distribute the egg mixture into each slice of deli ham.
- Bake until cooked through. Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for later!
I prefer tavern or black forest ham but honey ham is delicious too! You can really use any kind you like, just make sure it is sliced thick enough to be able to mold into the muffin tin and hold the egg mixture!
I recommend storing these in an airtight container and popping them in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute when you’re ready to eat! You can also store these in a resealable bag with the air squeezed out and freeze them to last for months! When you want to eat them, allow them to defrost by transferring them to the fridge for a few hours and reheat them the same way in the microwave!
You can add whatever you like to these. Some of my favorite options other than cheddar cheese are feta, gouda and pepper jack. Try switching the spinach out for chopped red pepper, broccoli, cherry tomatoes or mushrooms. Fresh herbs are a great way to amp up the flavor as well a little fresh basil chopped green onions can go a long way in these. The possibilities are endless!
Baked Ham and Egg Cups
- 5 slices ham I use tavern ham
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crack the eggs into a large measuring cup or bowl (the spout on the measuring cup is nice for pouring later though), season with salt and pepper and whisk it up!
- Add in the cheese and spinach, then mix to combine.
- Spray the muffin tin or grease with oil, then press each piece of ham into its own cavity.
- Evenly distribute the egg mixture between the ham cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin tin. Serve alongside fresh fruit.